Gerhard Putter has a long-standing special interest and skill in dentistry. He is a Diplomate of the European Veterinary Dental College and accepts dentistry and oral surgery referrals.
Gum and mouth disease occurs in 80% of dogs and cats older than 3 years and is also a common problem in rabbits and rodents. As a practice, we recognise oral hygiene as a critical part of preventative health care. At Mulberry Court Veterinary Surgery, we have the following specialist facilities for patients who may need dental treatment.
- Diagnoses by using digital X-ray images
- Oral-facial surgery
- Root canal fillings and treatments
- Restoration of cavities and damaged teeth
- Routine scale and polish
- Treatment of chronic feline gingivostomatitis
Gerhard is able to offer second opinion, advanced oral surgery, dentistry diagnosis and treatment at Mulberry Court Veterinary Surgery.
The modern purpose-built dental facilities house the latest up-to-date equipment, supported by a dedicated dental nursing team.
- Dentistry and oral facial surgery
- Dental radiology: For effective diagnosis
- Crown restoration: To restore tooth form and function
- Endodontics: Root canal treatment of fractured teeth
- Periodontal surgery: To save teeth by treatment of the tooth support structures
- Orthodontics: Treatment of maloccluding teeth to restore a functional bite
- Oral surgery: Treatment of tumours, oral-nasal fistulas, wounds and fractures
- Exotic species: We are well equipped to treat all exotic species for dental as well as other problems, even those without teeth
- Training: Basic dentistry skills for veterinary and nursing staff. Guidance on how to make dentistry a profit centre in your practice
- Occlusal evaluation and genetic counselling